Baudin Fact Sheet (PDF 118 Kb, version June 2010)
Baudin Variety Management Guide (PDF 76 Kb)
Media Release - Caution on storage of Malt Barley (PDF 22 Kb) - Barley Australia warn on storage of Malt Barley in sauasage bags
Classification: Malting (all states)
Regional Suitability: Medium rainfall regions of SA, VIC and NSW
End Point Royalty:
- Malt $3.30 (GST inclusive)
- Feed $1.10 (GST inclusive)
- High Yield Potential.
- Excellent malting quality.
- Semi-dwarf variety with strong straw, good head retention and excelllent standing ability.
- Plumper grain than Gairdner.
- Wider regional adaptation than Gairdner.
- Generally for medium / low rainfall regions, with early sowing for medium rainfall regions. Foliar disease management is an important conderation when growing this variety.