Fitzroy Fact Sheet (PDF 124 Kb)
Fitzroy Variety Management Package (PDF 78 Kb)
Barley Planting Guide 2007 (PDF 731 Kb) - Growing Barley in Queensland & Northern NSW
(guide provided by QDPI & F)
Press Release 12/03/07 - Fitzroy Barley (PDF 38 Kb) - Fitzroy Lion's new flag winning barley
Media Release - Caution on storage of Malt Barley (PDF 22 Kb) - Barley Australia warns on storage of Malt Barley in sausage bags
Regional Suitability: Central NSW to Southern QLD
End Point Royalty: $2.20 (GST inclusive)
- Superior yielding malt barley variety compared to current malt and feed varieties.
- Grain plumpness superior to Gairdner, Grimmett and Tallon.
- Medium to medium-late maturing variety, similar flowering time to Mackay.
- Excellent straw strength and head retention.
- Resistant to leaf rust and net form of net blotch.
- Lower protein content compared to Gairdner.
Note: Growers are requested to read and agree to the Seednet Variety Licence (PDF 219 Kb) prior to purchasing Seednet varieties.