Seednet uses expert seed growers of its own selection. Seednet’s commitment to Quality Assurance is illustrated in its general pattern of selection of seed growers as follows:
- A Seed Production Application Form is provided to prospective seed growers, seeking relevant details such as farm location, business details, agronomic data and paddock history, soil type, rainfall, on-farm storage capacity, etc;
- Applicants are assessed on the basis of the information provided and reputation from independent sources wherever possible;
- Seednet's representatives visit selected seed growers to confirm details and farm management practices;
- Approved seed growers are offered seed production contracts, detailing terms and conditions, including seed pricing;
- Contracted seed growers are visited periodically in late winter, spring and prior to harvest or other times as required to conduct crop inspections, assess crop potential and provide assistance if needed.
Seednet's objective is to maintain close control of the seed production, quality assurance and distribution processes. These objectives are achieved through the provision of direct, on-the-ground support for our selected seed growers.